We use the car for any of our daily work. Keys are required to drive. Modern and expensive vehicles have access to a smart remote. It is not to say that all cars will have intelligent keys. According to one study, 40% of vehicles use a smart key. Our goal in this post is for all car users who have smart access or not. We will see how to handle a broken car key.
We use the car for any of our daily work. Keys are required to drive. Modern and expensive vehicles have access to a smart remote. It is not to say that all cars will have intelligent keys. According to one study, 40% of vehicles use a smart key. Our goal in this post is not towards them. We will see how to fix a broken car key handle.
how to fix a broken car key handle: Easy Steps
Car key handles can usually break in two ways. One is the removal of a small portion of the metal from the plastic. The other is breaking the upper part of the plastic with where the keyring is attached. We will look at both methods to see how easily we can solve it.
You may need a drill machine to fix the car key and some pitches of the metal.
Solution 1: Upper parts of essential plastic
Many times you will notice that the plastic on the top of the key breaks. It is usually the result of rough use. It’s good to see a lot worse. You can give an attractive solution without any trouble. Even if it doesn’t look right, the work will go well. You will need a drill, nail, and glue before following these steps.
- First, connect the drill machine to electricity. Then take a nail and observe how thick and long it is. Cut the nail a little smaller according to the size of the key.
- Then add the drill bit to the drill machine according to the thickness of the nail. If it is too small, it cannot enter inside. If there is a big hole again, it will not be appropriately stuck.
- Wear safety equipment and drill. Don’t forget to wear gloves and goggles.
- Once the hole makes, insert the Dab of Glue inside it. If you do not have this type of glue at home, you can inject other usable glue.
- Now is the time to get the nail inside. Put the nail in the right position and wait until the glue dries well. Then add the keyring to it—finally, The broken one predicament without any trouble.
You can use a glue gun if you think nailing makes the thing look worse. You can buy colorful acrylics from the market to match the color of the key. Connect the gun to the electricity and attach it to the handle of the heated molten plastic key. Then hang a key ring. It will not require much labor. Besides, it is not a complicated task.
Solution 2: Use a Remote Tote
You can follow this procedure if the key’s metal part is separated from the plastic by your hand. It will require a drill machine, a metal bracket, Thin Head Small Screws, a hammer, and a Remote Tote.
- Drill a hole in a good position near the edge of the key with a drill machine. Please do it according to the size of your eyes. If you do not have a drill machine, you can use a nail to make a hole with a hammer. However, you must wear safety equipment such as goggles, gloves. When drilling, make sure that the back of the key has a disposable metal.
- Then re-measure the hole equal to the radius of Thin Head Small Screws. If it is small, insert the nail and press it inwards with a hammer.
- Collect a metal bracket according to the measurements of the key. If it is bigger than the key, cut it evenly. Make two holes in the metal bracket on both sides.
- Attach the bracket to the key with Thin Head Small Screws. With a little pressure, the screw will fit well with the key. Purchase Remote Tote from the market and attach it with the key.
Small totes usually proceed from foam. Inside, your key is safe. If your smart key breaks, you can save 100$ by keeping it inside the Remote Tote. Put the parts correctly and close them well.
What Remotes Does This Work With?
A common question that comes to mind is whether the Remote Totes will attach to the smart key of my car? Yes, of course. You have no reason to worry about this. You can order Remote Totes online now. Let’s take a look at a shortlist of Remote Totes useful to use in any key.
- Smart key.
- Transponder with access.
- Remote head keys.
- The last standard keys.
The above methods are applicable for instant troubleshooting. Maybe the keys aren’t lovely to look at, but they’re good enough to work. If you have trouble understanding the above solutions, reread it. Small totes are essential and work very well. It is an excellent way to fix it quickly. You can contact Key Smith later if you need a new key.
Hi their! I am working with daily instruments since 2018. I complete my M.SC in Mechanical Engineering. I accomplished with commencement in 2009 from the College of Colorado Denver. Now I am working for a widely known tools firm. Sometimes i write informative article on my blog weeklytools.com & dailytools.com