The power tool named track saw is an ideal tool for completing long cuts very fast with higher accuracy. The best track saws will offer you good cuts and a smooth, professional, and splinter-free edge that is not matched by circular and table saws, especially during cutting the large sheets which plywood-based. It was introduced about 60 years after the table saw. But, most of the craftsmen have never handled one. It is still often considered as a modern tool to the world.
We will not share any unnecessary information with you guys related to tracking saws. If any of you ever interested to learn more about what are its benefits, how this tool works, and how this compares to other track saws then you have come to the perfect place!
Without hesitating, start going through the most detailed guide of track saws ever. Do not worry, if you are new and have never used any track saws before.
What Is a Track Saw?
Before starting our discussion about a track saw, we would like to share a little bit of knowledge about track saw. Track saws are the types of hand-held best circular track saw system which slides on a guide rail during operation. This system allows the tool operators to perform accurate and long cuts. The track saw power tools can also be attached to track or a long aluminum guide rail which clamps onto a workpiece and allows the operator across long sheet materials to make precise straight cuts. That means the materials like plywood, doors, and melamine can be easily trimmed.
So, with that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the excellent track saws and see how the tools can help you on your forthcoming project. Here, the list of some the finest track saws is given below-
- Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2 inch Plunge Circular Saw Kit with 55 inch Guide Rail & Stackable Tool Case
- Shop Fox W1835 Track Saw
- Dewalt DCS520T1 Flexvolt 60V Max 6-1/2″ (165mm) Cordless Track Saw Kit
- Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw
- Dewalt DWS520K 6-1/2 inch Track Saw Kit
Let’s not waste any time and jump into the detailed discussion about the mentioned track saws in the list above.
Best Track Saws Reviews: Pick Up the Best One for Your Regular Tasks
|Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2" Plunge Circular Saw Kit, with Stackable Tool case and 55"||
||$449.00||Buy On Amazon|
|Festool 576164 HKC 55 EB Basic Cordless Carpentry Saw||
||$399.00||Buy On Amazon|
|Dewalt Heavy-Duty Tracksaw ()||
||Buy On Amazon|
The reason, track saws are more reliable is that the tools use a track to keep the blade aligned. Also, the tools are designed to do perfect cuts which means that you do not have to worry about the guards of the blade getting in your way. Just put, you can create clean and polished lines practically on any surface of materials with a wide variety.
1. Makita SP6000J1 Plunge Circular Saw Kit of 6-1/2 inch with Guide Rail of 55 inch & Stackable Tool Case
This track saw and other accessories with it work along to produce perfect cutting. The tool is a combination of a large cutting capacity and a powerful 12 AMP motor with the components of magnesium for speed control which is electronic and less weight to maintain the speed constantly under load for a mirror finish with splinter-free and smooth cutting. This track saw is a great portable option compared to other table saws for selecting applications, and it is great for use in a workshop or on the jobsite.
- Powerful motor of 12.0 AMP for the highest level of performance in materials
- Accurate cutting of precision delivers a mirror finish of splinter free
- Speed control of electronics maintains the speed constantly for smooth cutting under load
- Speed control dial which is variable enables the users to the application to accurate the speed
- The length of the cord of the tool is about 7.9 feet
- Powerful motor to provide an excellent performance to the users.
- You will get a smooth cutting with this power tool
- It is a portable power tool for selecting applications
- It is a perfect tool for using in any place for your task
- According to some users, this tool is more flexible for plywood than solid wood panels
- Some users say this power tool is difficult to use
- Not so good manufacturing quality tool
2. Shop Fox Track Saw (W1835)
This is a perfect portable choice for without a panel saw or table saw perfectly cutting sheet goods. The design of the tool will help you to use with Accessory Pack of D4363(not included), the Guide Rail of D4362 Shop Fox. The Shop Fox track saw combination with guide rail is the best for creating track saw cuts, in the middle panels trimming door bottoms and also cutting the plywood of full sheet. During using this power tool is an excellently accurate without the guide rail, and also provides the safety additionally over traditional cutting circular saw.
- The speed of blade rim is Nine Thousand Seventy feet per minute
- The size of the blade is 20mm arbor and 160mm diameter
- Provides dust port of 1-1/2-inch for dust collection system or collection to a shop vacuum
- Highly accurate and portable
- High blade rim speed to finish the task quickly
- A good option of portable power tool
- Able to provide accurate cutting even without the guide rail
- This tool will give you an additional safety while cutting
- You may find the motor undersized which totally depends on your task
- The blade of the tool may seem poor to the users for heavy task
- You may not get enough power in the tool while doing heavy task
3. Dewalt Flexvolt (DCS520T1)
This is a cutting system of zero clearance TrackSaw(TM) that delivers splinter-free, straight, and precise cuts. For using with dual edged tracks and TrackSaw(TM) for perfectly straight cuts in both directions. The tool has a mechanism of continuous anti-kickback and a riving knife that helps to prevent kickback during engagement. This track saw also provides a feature of the mechanism of a straight plunge for optimal ergonomics, with a guard of enclosed low profile gives a dust extraction of 90% capability.
- The cutting system of Zero clearance TrackSaw(TM) delivers splinter-free, straight, precise cuts
- For perfectly straight cuts the TrackSaw(TM) dual edged tracks is used
- Continuous mechanism of Anti-Kickback and knife of riving prevents kickback during engagement
- Mechanism of straight plunge for optimal ergonomics
- A guard of enclosed low profile gives a dust extraction of 90% capability
- Initial maximum battery voltage is 20 volts which is measured without a workload. Nominal battery voltage is 18
- TrackSaw cutting system will help you to get better cutting
- The power tool has a great mechanism
- You will get a dust extraction capability of 90%
- This tool has higher voltage which is capable to complete heavier task
- Some buyers say the tool has a higher price compared with the abilities of the product
- The loosened riving knife may create mess
4. Festool Track Saw (TS 55 REQ)
With its versatility and accuracy, the good comparison will be the most advanced panel saws or miter saws, table saws available. Adding in this unbelievable and incredible ease of use. You will have a cutting solution which precision like no other in the highest-end cabinet shop or at home. With the addition of depth of micro-adjustable controls and a housing which is flat for flush-cutting against adjacent surfaces or walls, the track saw is our one of the most advanced plunge cut saw ever and till now you have got it also.
- You can get perfectly splinter-free and straight cuts during using with guide rails of Festool
- Blade changing of the tool is easier and more safe because of using the FastFix system which helps to arbor simultaneously and lock switch for easy arbor bolt removal
- To get straight cut, you may choose the power tool
- If you use this tool, you will have less chance of kickback
- Changing blade is easier in this tool
- Some people say the product is less durable
- Customer service is not so good of this brand
5. Dewalt Track Saw (DWS520K) Kit
An excellent option for finishing woodworkers, carpenters, and contractors who are looking for a portable power tool to make splinter-free, straight, precise cuts, the DWS520K Track Saw of Dewalt combines the cut-quality and the precision of a table saw, and the portability of a circular saw, and the capacity of a panel saw.
- Cutting system of zero clearance track saw will help to deliver straight, precise, splinter-free cuts.
- For using with power tool dual-edged tracks in both directions for perfectly straight cuts
- On-track cut depth: 1-5/8-inch (41mm) at 45 degrees; 2-1/8 (54mm) at 90 degrees, depth scale perfectly indicates for track thickness accurate depth of cut accounting
- 1300W, 12A motor of the tool powers effortlessly through up to 2-1/8-inch thick hard woods
- Continuous mechanism of Anti-Kickback and knife which is riving when engaged prevents kickback
- The low profile guard of blade allows the track saw to be utilized in the spaces which is confined
- For using with the power tool the dual-edged tracks in both directions for accurately straight cuts
- The tool has zero clearance track saw cutting system
- This track saw has a continuous anti-kickback mechanism
- You will have blade guard of low profile
- The tool has poor design for the case
- Some buyers suggest that the tool needs more improvement for the quality
- The tool needs to use more expensive blade
Corded or Battery Powered Track Saws?
Battery powered or corded track saws which are the best tools? We will let you know about that fact. During our previous discussion, we already get to know one of the best cordless track saw. Corded or battery powered both are good for working but it totally depends on the kind of your work.
If you always do heavier tasks then we would suggest that you should take a corded track saw because then you will need more power. And, you will get that power from electricity. On the contrary, if you do the easy tasks then you should go for battery powered tool.
Battery of Track Saws
Now, we will talk about the battery of track saws. There are different battery powered track saws in the market. We discussed about the battery power of the track saws in our above list of track saws. If you would love to have a battery powered power tool then we will suggest you to have a tool of higher battery power.
Higher battery powered tool will help you do heavier task and you will be able to work for more time. But, it doesn’t mean that lower battery powered tools are not good, they are also very good tools. We are actually trying to mean that it totally depends on the types of your works.
Safety of Track Saws
The first thing which one must keep in mind is that the track saws, also well-known as plunge saws are designed for cutting through the materials of wood-based such as lumber, plywood, melamine and trim. Never have any try to use the tool to cut the materials which are non-wood like steel, ceramics, and aluminum. If you do so then it may damage the track saw and also the operator may face any accident.
For the general use of the saw, a 14 teeth having blade is perfectly acceptable but a blade which has 48 teeth is perfect for working with plywood and melamine.
Power of Track Saws
For the uncountable track saw users, this is the place from where this thing starts. There are a few award winning track saws in the market considering that the combined tools make things possible and it is really easy to see why. The track saws are really appreciable for their working ability or power. If you are in this line then till now you have already gotten to know the power of a track saw from the above discussion.
If you have extra time then you may go through the article- Track Saw vs Circular Saw-which is best
We discussed about the best track saws to help you to get the best one for you. We listed out the best market leading track saws which are capable to do any type of work. You may pick up the perfect one for you. There are different types of track saws like- battery powered or cordless. You should choose the tool according to your work.
If you want to know more information you may mail us or comment in the comment section. Hope that we are able to help you to know about prefered tool.
Hi their! I am working with daily instruments since 2018. I complete my M.SC in Mechanical Engineering. I accomplished with commencement in 2009 from the College of Colorado Denver. Now I am working for a widely known tools firm. Sometimes i write informative article on my blog weeklytools.com & dailytools.com